Friday, December 11, 2015

Pumpkin Oatmeal Raisin Cookies - Christmas Cookie Exchange

Today I am apart of the The Christmas Cookie Exchange hosted by "The Everyday Home". I am so excited you are here today and if this is your first time to DIY180, Welcome! I hope you will come back to visit again because I love meeting new friends. I am thrilled to be apart of the Christmas cookie exchange and sharing my favorite cookie recipe along side some very talented bloggers. You are in for a real treat, so make sure to visit all these lovely bloggers at the end of this post. 

My favorite time of year is Christmas. I love all the Christmas decorations, cooking and baking. Baking is a must for me and every year I will go through my recipe binder. I will always make the favorites or create a couple of new ones every year. I love to experiment with recipes and my family are my test subjects. So, today I am so happy to share with you one of my favorite cookie recipes,  pumpkin oatmeal cookies. Doesn't that remind you of your childhood?  

Pumpkin Oatmeal Raisin Cookies


Pumpkin Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

Ingredients Needed: 

2 cups of unbleached flour
2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon of nutmeg
1 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of baking power
2 1/2 cups of packed light brown sugar
1 cup of butter softened
2 eggs
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1 cup of solid pack pumpkin
5 cups of uncooked old fashioned oats
2 cups of dried raisins

  1. Preheat the oven to 350. Than lightly butter a cookie sheet and line with parchment paper. The butter helps to keep the parchment paper in place.
  2. Sift all the dry ingredients - flour, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder and place in a medium bowl. Set aside
  3. Beat the brown sugar and softened butter on medium speed for 5 minutes till fluffy.
  4. Next, beat in the eggs and vanilla till blended, then add the pumpkin and beat on low till blended.
  5. Take the flour mixture and beat into the wet ingredients till blended. Then add the oats and mix well. 
  6. Finally, stir in the raisins.
  7. Using a tablespoon, scoop the dough and drop 2 inches apart on the cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minute but half way through the baking process, turn the cookie sheet around so the cookies can brown evenly. 
  8. Once golden brown, remove cookies from the oven and wait 3 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack.
Christmas oatmeal pumpkin cookies This recipe will yield 25 to 35 cookies and the texture is chewy and soft. This is by far one of my favorite recipes and hope you enjoy making them as well as eating them. 


Pumpkin Oatmeal cookies Christmas

Don't Miss a Thing!

If you like what you see, there are several ways to follow along!


Hugs, 

Vanessa

7 comments:

  1. Yummy....I love oatmeal cookies but might have to add some chocolate chips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm! Looks delish!
    Hi! I'm a new follower of your lovely blog via GFC.
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, I love the idea of adding pumpkin to oatmeal cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pumpkin and oatmeal sounds like a great combination. Yum

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my. I think I need these cookies in my life. Especially for my Christmas baking. Thanks for the recipe Vanessa.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you, please leave a comment.