Saturday, September 5, 2015

Pumpkins Makeover That Can Be Used For Halloween and Thanksgiving

I have been working on some dollar store bought pumpkins that I picked up last year and I just wanted to give it my own touch. I love more of a natural looking pumpkin and I went with an old white color and gold.

As you can see, I started out with the original plastic pumpkins and then I used American Decor Chalky finish in whisper. This color reminds me of Old White by ASCP. Once I gave the pumpkins two coats, I painted the stem in a mixture of brown and cream color. Can you tell which is the real pumpkin and which is the faux on the cake plate? They are close in color. As you can see, I took three other pumpkins and painted them gold. I love the combination of the two colors!


I added these lovely ceramic pumpkins with the faux pumpkins and I love the feel of all of these together. My kind of neutral.

I also had these cravable pumpkins that I used the Americana Decor in whisper and added gold tones. I do love the different designs I picked out and it just gives them that extra pretty. : )



My final pumpkin is a real pumpkin that I just left it in its original natural color but I added my last name initial. I simply printed off the letter and cut it out and taped in place. I traced around the letter and with a flat tip paint brush I filled in the letter with Folk Art Vintage White. I love that color, too. This pumpkin is simplistic and charming and would look fabulous on my Thanksgiving table this year. I love the two cake plates to give this pumpkin height and you can add mini pumpkins all around it or tea lights. This is for sure going on my Thanksgiving table.

I am loving these vintage white mini pumpkins and these of course will be on my Thanksgiving table as well. I will be adding other elements to the table this year, like some leaves, branches and some vintage books. I am really going for a natural look this year. 


There you have it, my natural looking and simplistic Halloween/Thanksgiving decor. Next post I will be sharing my tablescape. Thanks for stopping by. 


This year's participants are:
 




Hugs,

Vanessa

28 comments:

  1. The white pumpkins are so elegant! You've inspired me to get some of my own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Cari
      I can't wait to see what you come up with. Thanks so much for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. These are so beautiful Vanessa! I love the monogrammed pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the white and gold are so pretty together :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute! I'm so not crafty but I like looking at all of the decor ideas floating around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the gold and white pumpkins - they make such an elegant centerpiece. Beautiful. Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the gold and white and the polka dots!!!! I am such a sucker for those! These are beautiful!!!!
    Have a great week!
    Dee from www.thecsiproject.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! I'm gonna go to the $ store and look for pumpkins to paint. Fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love the white mini Boos! I bought some fake cheapy ones last weekend to paint white! I can't wait till my paint gets here! The height difference on the table makes a nice impact!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all your DIY pumpkins! Especially the cute white and gold ones, and the big monogrammed one! So creative!! -Amy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very creative! Fashionable pumpkins. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the polka dot ones. I am a sucker for anything polka dot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your pumpkins look great. What a fun fall decoration. I love that you painted your initial on one. I found you today from the Harvest Tour of Homes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how creative you got with the pumpkins! I love out of the box fall ideas.... Creative! Thanks for sharing with us on the Harvest Tour of Homes! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all the pumpkins, but I especially love the white and gold ones. What a perfect way to dress up fall a bit and you are right, they can be out all season. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's on my list to pick up some of the faux pumpkins to paint this week, too. You've given me some great inspiration to get moving in it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. All of those pumpkins are awesome, but I must say that the white ones with gold are my favorite...so unique.
    Lori from LL Farm

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those gold and white ones are my fav...love those!

    ReplyDelete
  18. All of your pumpkins are super cute. I'm working on some for the dining room and having so much fun. Love this time of year. Stopping over from the tour. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this idea, Vanessa. I am not a huge Halloween fan ~ too scary! I would rather decorate the way you did and keep it up all season long. You're so crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your pumpkins my favorites are the monogram and the white ones!
    Julie @ Love My Simple Home

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your pumpkins are adorbale, I'm having ahrd toime picking a favorite..the mongram is super and so are the white & gold! Happy Fall season! XO- Wendi@H2OBungalow

    ReplyDelete
  22. zigya.com is the only organization that provides CBSE, NCERT and State wise board solutions for free, that too online.
    So you can get an online test series of NEET and JEE 2020 from www.zigya.com for free.
    CBSE solved papers
    SSC Resource centre
    JEE previous year solved paper

    NEET
    NEET previous year solved paper
    JEE

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you, please leave a comment.