Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Furniture Features

I am back to show you my latest projects. I took this lovely pine table and sanded it down.

Once I was done with the sanding, I picked up a quart of True Turquoise by Glidden and gave this table two coats of paint. The paint contained primer so it was easy. Once the paint was dry, I used a 220 grit then 600 and 1000. I know that's a lot of sand paper, however, I've found when I used these three, the surface is smoother and when I add wax or poly coat it adheres better. I especially love using all three grits over chalk paint and the becomes silky smooth. Then when you add the wax it absorbed into the pieces, like a baby's bottom. In case you want to find the 600 and higher grit go to an auto store. 
Once I was done sanding the table I added two coats of Minwax water-base poly coat. In 24 hrs. the poly is completely dry and the table can be used. On dining tables I do prefer to use water-based poly over wax because it's a piece that will get the most wear and over time wax will wear off.























I have more pieces to show you this week so pop over on Thursday. I am still learning to manage my time with family, business and blog. I don't want to give up my blog because I love blogging. So bear with me as I go through these growing pains. :)

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great week!

Hugs,

Vanessa

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful table! Love that color! Life to the full! Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    FadoExpress là một trong những top công ty chuyển phát nhanh quốc tế hàng đầu chuyên vận chuyển, chuyển phát nhanh siêu tốc đi khắp thế giới, nổi bật là dịch vụ gửi hàng đi mỹ, gửi hàng đi nhậtgửi hàng đi pháp và dịch vụ chuyển phát nhanh đi hàn quốc uy tín, giá rẻ

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you, please leave a comment.