Tuesday, March 19, 2013

How To Paint Furniture

I found a foot stool at a yard sale last week and knew it would go nicely with this antique chair I have.

Here is the before:

Here is the after:


I used two coats of ASCP in old white and lightly sanded the edges. Once I was done sanding I added a light coat of clear wax. I also changed out the fabric to this lovely burlap. I love how these two pieces look great together. On Thursday, I plan on sharing more projects with you. I am just trying to keep up with the work load. The best thing about working on a piece of furniture, when I am done with it, is seeing the end results. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a great week and see you all on Thursday!

Hugs,

Vanessa

4 comments:

  1. Hi Vanessa,
    Nice job on the stool!!
    You have changed your blog. I tried visiting a couple of weeks ago, but the link to your blog went to an error! Glad you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love anything with burlap! So cute :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your choices of color and material! What is the clear wax you have been using. I have an old desk I painted white but the top is a material that won't hold the paint..it scratches right off. I wonder if the wax would help. Thanks, great projects, Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you, please leave a comment.