Friday, February 15, 2013

Wood Art Plaque Display

I am so happy I can share with you a sweet and easy DIY Wood Project! I have been meaning to get this up on Monday, but my little one and I have been under the weather. I am not feeling 100% well, but I feel a lot better then yesterday.

This wood project I am link up to One Tough Mother . If you have any wood project you have created, please stop by and link up today!!!

 Mission Monthly Medium

Materials you will need - 

30x6 inch rectangular wood piece
paint of any color 
brushes (to color the wood and artist paint brushes to paint designs with)
clothes pins
Mod Podge and hot glue gun
scrap paper
scissors



This wood piece use to be red so I sanded it down and used white satin by Martha Stewart. 


Next I stenciled on "My Works of Art" and free hand some flowers. Once I created the flowers I painted them. As you can see it's not perfect, but I was going for cute.



My funky flowers! I forgot to take a picture of this step, but once I was done with the flowers I took clothes pins and cut of scrap paper to size and used mod podge to adhere the paper to the clothes pins. Once the clothes pins were dry I added hot glue to the back and adhere to the wood. 


There you have it a simple wood project to make for your children. You can free up your fridge and your kids will be so happy to have somewhere to display their works of art. I appreciate you stopping by and please stop by One Tough Mother and Link up any wood project you made. Spread the word about the link party too!! Have a great weekend.

Vanessa

 Mission Monthly Medium
















































10 comments:

  1. That's the cutest! I'm totally freaking my boyfriend out with all these children room idea's I'm getting from the internet XD

    The Beauty Suitcase

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww, thank you so much for your sweet comment.

      Vanessa

      Delete
  2. That a cute project! I love your "funky' flowers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute!! What a great way to display your child's art work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is such a cute craft! Sorry I'm late getting here...thank you for adding your wonderful blog to the Thursday Favorite Things hop. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh it is so cute!! I love having something to display kids' artwork. They're going to love seeing their drawings and things hanging up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable piece! Kids will love seeing this at home! Plus, I can ask them to do make their own so they can nurture their creativity! :) What a fantastic DIY tutorial that's perfect for bonding with children! Thank you for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you, please leave a comment.