Monday, February 4, 2013

Dinner Meal - Quick and Easy Pasta Dish

One of my favorite meals to make is a pasta dish, because it is a fast meal to make. I usually make pasta over the weekends so we can have extra for the next night. This meal is so easy and inexpensive to make.

For this Meal you will need -
**Start out first by placing the bacon to cook as well as an entire box of spaghetti noodles in a pot of boiling water. Then it is time to make the sauce. This way when your sauce is done, so is the bacon and pasta. Also save about 1 1/2 cups of the pasta, water, and set them aside. **

1. Bacon or turkey bacon cooked. I use about 10 slices of cooked bacon for this dish.
2. One small red onion chopped and sautéd in a tablespoon of Olive Oil. Cook till translucent.
3. Chopped up mushrooms and toss in with the onions and cook for about 5 minutes. Use the mushrooms that you like best and add as much or little as you like. I added a cup.
4. Crumble bacon when cooked and toss in with the onions/mushrooms.



Top Right Pic - 5. Add a 1 1/14 cup of whipping cream and three tablespoons of butter. 
Bottom Right Pic - 6. Mix them together and let them sit on low heat for about 5 minutes and then toss in spinach or broccoli and stir till cooked. If the sauce becomes too dry just add a few spoonfuls of the pasta water. 
Pic to the left - Toss the cooked spaghetti noodles in the sauce till coated. If you see the pasta is not coasted well enough then add more of the pasta water to the sauce. Next add Asiago, Romano or Parmesan cheese to the pasta. Stir it in. Than serve immediately. 

Their you have it, a quick and easy meal that you can make in 35 minutes. Seriously, it's that easy. Try this meal out and let me know how you like it. Thank you for stopping by today and leaving me a SWEET comment. 

Hugs, 

Vanessa

9 comments:

  1. This sounds SO good. I'm going to pin it so that I can give it a try. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so delicious! Everything I love...definitely trying this one!
    Thanks so much for sharing your recipe!
    xo
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, that looks good! I love pasta, bacon, and cheese, so I may have to give this recipe a try. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum!!! the ingredients are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had me at Bacon! This sounds amazing! My hubs doesn't eat carbs so when I cook them for myself I like to go all-out..this is just the next dish for me to make! Thanks for the awesome recipe! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum yum yum!! This looks so good! And seriously - bacon makes anything and everything delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nom! That looks amazing! I know what I am cookin' for dinner!!

    xo
    brittanykytecreated.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you, please leave a comment.